This policy describes:
- the types of information that Parasol may collect from you when you register, install, access or use Parasol websites, applications, membership services and other online services (collectively, referred to as "Services"); and
- its practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party, such as Partners at which you make use Parasol services at. Parasol encourages you to consult directly with such third-parties about their privacy practices.
This policy may change from time to time, your continued use of Advantage Programme’s Services after it makes any change is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Collection of personal information
You consent to Parasol collection of your information for the purpose of providing the best user experience when using Parasol Services. This can include but is not limited to information from which you can be personally identified, and information about your use of Parasol Services.
Examples of data Parasol collects
Information upon registration as Advantage Subscriber and Advantage Plus Member (“Member”)
Upon registration, as a member, you are required to provide certain personal information such as, but not limited to:
Name and address
Payment information (credit and debit card details)
Company name (Corporate discounts)
During usage of Parasol Services and the use of your Membership
Details about your usage of partner venues, including when and where you check-in and check-out, plus your location while you are checked in to any of Parasol partners
Details of transactions you carry out through Parasol Services
Your device’s location information when you are actively using Parasol Services and/or when you have checked in to an Advantage Plus venue.
Other general information
Parasol also collects general information that does not identify you personally. This includes information such as your IP address, pixel tags, cookies, information about the App, the browsers, operating systems, your device identifiers, performance and diagnostic information (such as your usage patterns), and details about when you access and use Parasol Services. Parasol also monitors your use of Parasol Services for the purpose of improving Parasol Services.
Information about Your Referrals
You have the option to refer friends to join the Services by providing their contact information. If you refer a friend to join and use the Services, Parasol will only use your referee’s contact information to process the request.
Precise Location Information and How to Opt-Out
When you use one of Parasol location-enabled services (for example, when you access Services from a mobile device), Parasol may collect and process information about your mobile device's GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or latitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information is recorded to customize the Services with location-based information and features (for example, to inform you about restaurants in your area or applicable promotions). Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and Parasol may associate location data with your device ID and other information Parasol holds about you. Parasol keeps this data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for providing services to you. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer's instructions for further details.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
Sharing your information
All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared,
rented or leased to any third parties.
If you make a payment for our products or services on our website, the details you are asked to submit
will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection.
Merchant will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties.
Parasol will take all reasonable measures to prevent unauthorised access, use and disclosure of your information. Parasol will only disclose your information:
- when needed to provide the products and/or services you have requested
- when you permit Parasol to do so;
- for the purpose of conducting credit checks;
- when permitted by applicable law;
- when Parasol believes it is necessary to comply with a requirement of law enforcement agencies or
- when Parasol believes it is necessary to enforce Parasol’s Terms and Conditions and investigate violations thereof, to prevent, detect and address fraud, abuse, security risks or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights and property of Advantage Programme, other Members or the public required or permitted by law.
Using your information
Advantage Programme collects and uses your information to operate and improve Parasol Services. Parasol may use the information collected in the following ways
- Provide you with customer support.
- Provide you with policies about your account.
- Process and respond to your queries
- To monitor your visits to Parasol partners
- To provide you with location-based services that guide you with relevant information such as partner venues near you, when a partner venue is busy, directions to venues
- To provide you with personalised content and advertising
- To carry out transactions requested by you
- To conduct credit control
- To Understand Parasol users (what they do on Parasol Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of Parasol Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, and make special offers.
- Administer Parasol Services and diagnose technical problems.
- To notify you about changes to Parasol Services
- Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you by way of emails, or courier, or registered post, or telephone calls, or any other mode of communication. Parasol may also share your preferences or the Services availed by you for other promotional activities of Parasol Services.
- Enable Parasol to show you ads that are relevant to you.
- Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, Parasol user base and Service usage patterns.
- Administer contests and sweepstakes.
- Carry out Parasol’s obligations and enforce Parasol’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Parasol, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you about changes to Parasol Services.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through Parasol Services.
- In any other way, Parasol may describe when you provide the information.
- To help improve the safety and reliability of Parasol Services including detecting, preventing, responding to fraud, abuse, security risks or technical issues that could harm Websites , Services or Apps or their registered or non-registered users.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Parasol may store and process information collected via Parasol Services in the UAE or any other country in which Advantage Programme or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using Parasol Services, you consent to any such transfer of your information outside of your country.
Parasol may also use your information to contact you about Parasol own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want Parasol to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which Parasol collects your data and/or adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
Parasol may use the information Parasol has collected from you to enable Parasol to display advertisements to our advertisers'/service providers' target audiences. Even though Parasol does not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Reviewing, changing or deleting information
If you would like to review or change your personal information Parasol has collected from you, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of your Membership login Page/ App, or contact the Parasol Data Protection Officer (DPO).
If you are no longer a Member, you can request to have all your information deleted and no longer receive any promotional communications from Parasol by emailing [email protected] and specifying which information you would like to have deleted.
Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction:
- If your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive,
- Where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or
- If the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and Parasol or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between Parasol or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to Parasol records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
When you sign up for a Membership, you are opting in to receive emails from other Advantage Programme and its Partner Companies. You can log in to manage your email preferences and follow the "unsubscribe" instructions in commercial email messages, but note that you cannot opt-out of receiving certain administrative policy, service policy, or legal policy from Advantage Programme.
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 21, unless permitted under applicable local laws (Permissible Age). Parasol does not knowingly collect any personal information from users or market to or solicit information from anyone under the Permissible Age. If Parasol becomes aware that a person submitting personal information is under the Permissible Age, Parasol will Cancel the membership and any related information as soon as possible. If you believe Parasol might have any information from or about a user under the Permissible Age, please contact Parasol at [email protected].
Security of your information
Merchant takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, (advplus.ae) cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.
The merchant is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
Assignment of Parasol’s rights and obligations